I am pretty sure that most of us, have at least once wished we could experience a miracle. We all want to experience something amazing and inexplicable. Because after all that's what defines a miracle right? Dictionary.com desceibes a miracle as an event not ascribable to human power. I want to admit that not only have I wished on witnessing a miracle, I have also written it in my "100 things I want to do before I die" list. Today I write this blog, because I am able to say that I have crossed it off my list. I do not know how many people in life will get to say this, but I am blessed to say I have experienced a miracle.
With this post as I have titled it "A precious miracle called Noel", I want to share about my own experience in the life of a little princess called Noel. Everything around this little girl has impacted my life in ways I never imagined, and it is thanks to her faithful parents and their love for Christ that I was able to experience the miracle that NOEL is.
To give you a long story short, right about the time Noel's parents found out the sex of their baby, they also found out that their precious little girl came with complications. After tests and more test, Noel's parents found the devastating news that their little girl would not have a normal life if she survived after birth. I am not going to try and explain medically what was going on in Noel's little body, but I do understand it was something that was affecting her heart. Doctors gave Noel's parents different alternatives, but they chose the best one they could ever have chosen. They chose to trust God.
Knowing that doctors did not expect Noel to live past birth, her parents chose to place Noel's life in Him who so fearfully and wonderfully made her! Psalm 139:14 quickly became Noel's verse and one that we all who prayed for her had present in our hearts. Noel's parents decided to battle her condition with prayer and I have to say to this day I am amazed at the way people came together for this special little girl. In the midst of all the chaos and heartache the Lord sustained Noel's parents and her entire family through the full 9 months of pregnancy and the next days to come.
Noel was born and to everyones surprise and the doctors own astonishment, she lived way past birth. Noel beat the odds and lived for 15 days! To you 15 days might seem like a very short time, but for a baby girl who was not supposed to survive after birth, 15 days was a long time. In this 15 days and through the life of Noel, I was able to experience a miracle. The miracle of life and the amazing power of prayer. I cannot begin to describe how overwhelming those 15 days that Noel lived were in my own life and I cannot imagine how those days were for her parents. But one thing I do know is that God was glorified in such a way, so powerfully and beautifully! Through their decision of sharing their story, Noel's parents allowed God to shine through Noel. When you allow for that, great things happen!
In my own personal side of the story, as I shared Noel's story and asked for prayer, I saw people being drawn in. Some drawn to Jesus for the first time and others returning! People were curious to see what would happen with Noel, so they kept up with my updates and through every day that she lived, they felt encouraged. As the faithfulness of her parents was shared, some couldn't help but to want to know what was it that was keeping them so hopeful. It was Jesus! His promises and the way He was shining through Noel was just amazing! So many people came together in the name of Jesus for one little girl and God worked wonders. I had the privilege of being at the hospital when Noel was born and I was amazed at how many people were there. I come from a big mexican family, so for me to say there were a lot of people there, you can just imagine how many!
I had the privilege to hold Noel in my arms when she was born and I cannot being to describe the amazing feeling that was! So tiny, yet so perfectly made. So delicate and precious yet so strong and courageous! Through her dark brown eyes you could see a shining light and through her gestures you could see and angel's smile. God was shining through Noel in such a powerful way that when I held her I felt His presence. I felt His love, his warmth, His care and His greatness, all in one very little but so precious baby girl.
Today Noel would have been 1 years old. And though I write this post to share her story in honor of her birthday, I also write it to say thank you to her parents. Thank you for sharing your story with me, thank you for sharing your precious baby girl with me. Thank you for showing me how to be faithful and persevere in prayer. Thank you for showing me what being courageous and stepping out in faith is. Thank you for showing me what trusting in God looks like. I know for a fact but yet I cannot even imagine how hard this year has been for you. Even through your faithfulness I know there is heartache. Even through your courage, there are tears, and even through your trusting in God there's a daily struggle to keep going. But regardless of all that, you are still standing strong in the Lord and you keep inspiring so many people. I think about Noel so much and I get so excited when I get to share her story. I see her pictures all the time and I always smile knowing what a great life she had and is having with our Lord. I pray that you will continue to be strengthened and I cant wait for the day that you both will be reunited with your precious baby girl.
Today Noel would have been 1 years old. And though I write this post to share her story in honor of her birthday, I also write it to say thank you to her parents. Thank you for sharing your story with me, thank you for sharing your precious baby girl with me. Thank you for showing me how to be faithful and persevere in prayer. Thank you for showing me what being courageous and stepping out in faith is. Thank you for showing me what trusting in God looks like. I know for a fact but yet I cannot even imagine how hard this year has been for you. Even through your faithfulness I know there is heartache. Even through your courage, there are tears, and even through your trusting in God there's a daily struggle to keep going. But regardless of all that, you are still standing strong in the Lord and you keep inspiring so many people. I think about Noel so much and I get so excited when I get to share her story. I see her pictures all the time and I always smile knowing what a great life she had and is having with our Lord. I pray that you will continue to be strengthened and I cant wait for the day that you both will be reunited with your precious baby girl.
Noel might not be on this earth any more, but she is living through all of us that love her. She keeps shining just like Jesus! I am so thankful today that I get to write this for her. Noel you will live through me always! And one last thing I want to say thank you for to Noel's parents is...
Thank you for allowing me to witness a miracle, your precious little miracle Noel.
Thank you for allowing me to witness a miracle, your precious little miracle Noel.




No comments:
Post a Comment