You know those situations in which you say or do something to someone that either aggravates or hurts them, and as being good human beings we ask for an apology? I am sure we have all come across this and how difficult it is to say you're sorry. But what would you say, if I told you that for the first time in my life, I have found something not to be sorry for? The amazing thing is that it is not a bad thing, and that I am not being heartless of hurting someone by doing so. Here is why...
As I keep growing and strengthening my relationship with God, I find myself also falling in love with Him more and more. I have found to see every thing through the eyes of God and see His works in everything I do and come across. As I keep learning His word and filling my heart with scriptures from the bible, I am able to see it written everywhere, even when people dont realize it. Bottom line, I am now able to see the wonders and creations of our Lord EVERYWHERE! And of course He is everywhere, He created every single thing in this world :)
See, my relationship with God is kind of like when you fall in love with someone for the first time. You always want to be with that person, you're constantly thinking about that person, wondering and imagine all the things you will do together. But whats the ONE thing you do that shows you are doing all of the above? YOU TALK ABOUT IT. You tell your friends and family how that person makes you feel, and it seems like all you want to do, is talk about him or her to someone. My relationship with God is exactly like that, but the "kinda" I mentioned is because the one thing I am sure of in my relationship with Him, that we do not have with a human being, is that His love for me is everlasting. His love for me will always be there, and I have opened my heart so that my love for Him will ALWAYS be there too.
The more I know Him and the more I fall in love with Him, the more amazing things happen in my life. I have experienced and witnessed things that I would have never imagined. His love and mercy is everywhere. Listening to tonight's Wednesday communion service at my church, the words of my Pastor made a huge impact, as I am able to say that I feel so blessed to be able to not only know about God, but to know God. There is nothing greater than his love and nothing will ever make me feel what I feel when I am in His presence. Nothing will ever fill my heart with Joy like the love of God. I will never stop loving Him and will not let anything come between my love for Him.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39
So just like when that first love comes along in our lives, I cant help myself but to talk about Him and the amazing things He has done and is doing in my life. I want everyone to know of His greatness and that is in great part because I want all my brothers and sisters to experience the same. I want to be able to share that feeling with everyone. Therefore I take any opportunity to talk about Him and praise Him. But as I have done this, some have become aggravated and just plain feel "ugh" when I talk about God and His greatness. In one of the cases, I was about to tell that person "I am sorry for aggravating you by what I said"... But then I said to myself, wait a minute, you are what?!?!? Yes, I hate to see someone aggravated and unhappy, and I am sorry this person was feeling like that, but its a very different story if I say I am sorry it was because of what I said.
I was talking about Jesus Christ, the One who died for me and God who has never stopped loving me, even when I turned my back on Him because I thought I had it all together. I was sharing my love for Christ and the greatness of our Lord, that even when we dont realize it EVERYTHING points to Him. If I would have said I was sorry for what I said, I would have been saying I was sorry for talking about Jesus, I was sorry I was speaking of His greatness, of His love and his mercy. And am I sorry for that??? The answer is a big fat NO!
I will not feel sorry for praising Him and trying to bring the goodness of the Lord to my brothers and sisters, whether they are believers or not. I cannot allow myself to not take every opportunity to talk about Him. Its my commitment and love for Him that makes me stand strong and put Him above anything and anyone.
For this I will never be sorry.
" I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
I totally agree and share your heart about talking about God! :D The love of our lives! <3 :D I just tell those people who become aggravated that "I am sorry that they feel that way"... because I am! :/ I wish they could just have their eyes and heart open to God :) Keep sharing about Him, sister! :) Love you in Christ!
ReplyDelete